Tool of FC

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Sep 6 02:32:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 18:20 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:06:11 +0800
> edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
>
> > How can we use the tool of locate command of FC6 System ?
>
> run updatedb occasionally (the usual method is through a cron job.)

updatedb is run by default in cron.daily (the standard daily system
maintenance cron job.  Check the settings in /etc/updatedb.conf to make
sure it actually runs.  (I don't recall how it was in FC6.  In F7 there
is no setting to prevent it from running.  In some earlier versions,
there was a flag that would just skip it.)

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu