changing intrd

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 6 02:50:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 11:57 +0930, Tim wrote:
> Why did you not just install onto that other machine instead of trying
> to clone a drive?  Even if it worked, you'd have to change a mess of
> parameters if you were networking them, they need things to
> distinguish them apart.  If you don't have a CD/DVD drive on that
> system, say so. There's probably much better ways of working around
> it.

Finishing my train of thought, where I sent before I meant to:

If you want a second system with same packages installed, that's what
kickstart is for.  You prepare a list of what to install on the box that
you want to copy, then use it with the installer for the new one.

Those (difficult install media, and duplication) are the two main
reasons I can see for wanting to clone a drive for *another* box.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.