figuring out all wireless connections on fedora 6/7

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 05:05:06 UTC 2007

Dear list,

How does one figure out all the wireless connections available at a given time?
I am told that in ubuntu, I can go to the menu:

   System -> Administration -> Networking

which gives a list of possible connections.  Then do what comes naturally to
change the connection.  Within the same dialog tool there is a place where one
can name the current network configuration, e.g., "home wireless" or "home
cable" or "work wireless".  Then changing the network is a matter of clicking
one of the named items.

I am trying to find out whether there is a similar setup available for fedora
which  would list all the available wireless connections. What is the command?
system-config-network does not seem to be providing available wireless or an
easy way to connect once identified.......

Many thanks and best wishes,
Trotter