nVidia RPM WORKS!

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Sep 7 02:06:18 UTC 2007

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Thu September 6 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I was afraid to reboot when I set the screen size to 1280x1024 but I
>> did it and rebooted and now the screen looks just like it did on the old
>> computer :-)
>>
>>     So now I will take the old computer to the storage building and it
>> will grow a bit older before I throw it away. When The bootup got to the
>> point where it failed before a square patch said Noviia and up it came.
>>
>>     So it sounds like Novidia is serious about fixing there stuff for
>> Red Hat.
>>

> I've had good results with nVidia cards, and use them in four different Linux
> boxes. They aren't particularly 'tilted' towards Redhat, as their drivers
> work in many distributions. Lots of  people object to them because the code
> is proprietary and not open.
>
> There are many who have problems with that driver as well, but, it does seem
> to be undergoing steady development, and things are getting fixed.

    Well it is a silly thing to hate software that fixes the video card
you get when you buy it. I paid a few bucks for the Video card and it
didn't work well at all in Linux. Then I was told about the software and
I yum installed it and now my tiny new computer looks as good as the
monster it replaces. If you think you MUST have the source code for all
things in a computer your not right.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User