FC7: 1680x1050 screen resolution on thinkpad T61 with Intel 965GM X3100 video chipset.

Whil Hentzen linux07 at softwaremuscle.com
Fri Sep 7 17:47:00 UTC 2007

Globe Trotter wrote:

>> fundamental

>>> Agreed! And I have the opensource intel.....which installed perfectly with
>>> xubuntu. Wonder when it will work out of the box with fedora.....
>> Where'd you get the Intel opensource? I've been over to
>>
>>     http://intellinuxgraphics.org
>>
>> and they have source but tell you to go to your 'neighborhood linux
>> distro' for precompiled packages. I don't think there's one for Intel +
>> FC6, is there?
>
> I updated mine using the development (for f8) and it works...it will eventually
> show up on F7 and perhaps FC6 unless they stop supporting it before then.

I see two packages:

xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.1.1-3.fc8.i386.rpm
     xorg-x11-drv-i810-devel-2.1.1-3.fc8.i386.rpm

under fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages on the various mirrors.
Which did you use?

(Getting excited, hopefully not prematurely, been wrestling with this
for weeks....)

Whil Hentzen
Milwaukee WI