Successful install of Fedora7 in VPC2007 guest

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat Sep 8 07:34:17 UTC 2007

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 00:28:01 -0700
Les <hlhowell at pacbell.net> wrote:

> In the menu (in gnome it is on the top bar of your screen by default),
> applications->Sound & Video ->Alsa Mixer.

It appears that Alsa Mixer isn't installed on the menu by default, at least in
some setups.

I don't have it in the Gnome menu on this computer, for example, though it is
installed as /usr/bin/alsamixer.  I just checked to be sure.

> 	If you don't have Alsa Mixer you may have to install it.

It comes as part of the alsa-utils rpm, so you can install it with:

yum install alsa-utils

However, I assume that alsa-utils is part of the default installation, so just
typing "alsamixer" at a bash prompt should crank it up.  It's just the menu
item that's missing, for some reason.