NVIDIA drivers -- thoroughly confused ??

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Sep 9 17:40:40 UTC 2007

William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have a new ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
> Core processor.  This motherboard has an integrated NVIDIA Geforce 6
> graphics chip.  I am running F-7-i386 and using the "nv" driver for the
> graphics card.
>
> Questions:
>      1. Should I just leave the "nv" driver well enough alone ?
>      2. Will I get noticeably better performance downloading the
>         NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.11-pkg1.run from the NVIDIA site ?
>      3. Or better from the Livina repository?
>      4. What is the driver rpm name in Livina ?
>
> Honest to Gawd.  I googled the Fedora mailing list and it got more and
> more confusing.  I thought it would be easier to just layout my problem
> and start with a clean set of answers.

    I do not know the nv your talking about. I yum installed a nVIDIA
made fix to my computer and it fixed all the video problems. So I
recommend you try this one. If you want the place to get this let me
know. Perhaps the nv your talking about is the one I'm using.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User