ATI video comes out of the closet

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 02:18:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 17:13 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> > Are you sure you're in the right place?
>
> Why on Earth wouldn't he be.
>
> Please correct me, but I wasn't aware that only linux zealots where allowed to
> post to this list. I thought (and hope) its open to all opinions on Fedora,
> (or linux in general in fact) good or bad.

It's only in conflict that new ideas arrive to challenge the old.
Otherwise we'd all be computers instead of humans. I agree that it would
be "better" for Fedora to stabilize, but it's not the nature of the
beast to do so.

Seems like yesterday I just installed Fedora 7 and 8 is already in
testing <shudders>. Heck, I haven't applied all the updates for 7 yet.
It does get old, but that is Fedora. I just do wish the pace would slow
down some and get more applications (especially video and audio) nailed
down to polish the distro for USERS to use. I would have rather seen FC7
not require 200+ updates, for instance.

So, I hope that FC8 is allowed time to "soak" before it's released.
Until I can get a satellite service I'm stuck at 28.8 and the bandwidth
requirement to re-install is a killer for me and a pile of others not
able to get broadband. So, I feel Les's comments about Windows and Macs
reflects the problem of haste makes a pot full of waste, especially for
bandwidth challenged users (like me) and those that use their machines
for more than a test platform (like me). Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar