Minimum services

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Sep 10 13:39:37 UTC 2007

Martin Hooper wrote:
> What are the minimum services that you need to load up at boot?
>
> Need a list so I can speed up my booting somewhat as it seems to me
> that there are a load of stuff starting at boot that I really don't
> need.

    During boot the things loaded are done so under the command of init.
The init bash file was written by a real pro and it loads just what must
be loaded before the system can boot up to x windows which you see as
being "up". I watch what init loads and after I yum installed a nVIDIA
fix I noticed that init now turns on the nVIDIA fix every time it boots.

    Do not mess with init :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User