NetworkManager, wlan0 doesn't come up by default

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Sep 10 15:13:47 UTC 2007

Martin Marques wrote:
> I'm using NetworkManager on my laptop and I have some problems which I
> haven't been able to solve.
>
> Normal eth0 comes up ok, but wlan0 doesn't. I have to login as root or
> sudo to bring wlan0 interface up (ifconfig wlan0 up) so that
> NetworkManager can connect to my AP.
>
> Any ideas on why I have this problem? The wlan0  configuration is set
> to start at boot time.

    No idea what your problem is but suggest you might have network AND
networkmanager running at the same time. Check that and if network is
off for sure then turn off networkmanager and turn on network. Get the
thing working properly with network and then turn that off and back to
newworkmanager. It should work too.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User