Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Sep 10 18:07:49 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 07:46:55 -0500,
  Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the old scheme with an odd-numbered branch for experiments, 2.2 and
> 2.4 became very stable at around X.X.20.  I don't see that happening
> with 2.6.

People are patching 2.6.x versions. In particular 2.6.16 got a lot of
attention, though I don't know if the person responsible for that branch
is still actively doing it. It was sort of an experiment, but I don't
think there have been a lot of people sticking with 2.6.16.

> Yes, with 2.6, older doesn't mean better, just different.  But where are
> your security updates?

Depending on how the box is being used he may not need them.