Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 11 13:07:34 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> Okay...  But it looks like, that in this case, the someone who
>> creates this system is going to be YOU for everyone else, rather
>> than someone else for you to be one of the others.

Les Mikesell:
> No, we'll keep using Windows on the desktop until someone makes a
> usable replacement that doesn't take massive customization.  For the
> same reasons that we wouldn't build cars from parts.

You're not building a car, you're working with software, and this is
just a part of it.

If you were building hardware, and you *had* to create tools or molds to
do the job, you would do so, or you would arrange for someone else to do
so.  That's part of that process.  Just expecting someone to do
everything for you isn't going to work.  The answer will be, go right
ahead and use whatever else you want.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386