ATI video comes out of the closet

GaryCarr gcarr at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 11 14:10:17 UTC 2007

Microsoft sells software. Evey user of OpenOffice is one less user of MS
Office. Nvidia sells hardware, and gives the software drivers away for
free as far as I know.  Linux users of open source drivers cost Nvidia
nothing, and may represent a hardware sale they would not otherwise have
gotten. Thus, there is significant motivation for Microsoft to sabotage
OpenOffice, and none that I can see for Nvidia to do the same to open
source drivers.