WSJ: Mossberg takes the Linux bait and snarls ....

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Sep 13 18:52:09 UTC 2007

Max Pyziur wrote:

> Generally, I would think that if you are doing an initial review of
> Linux, you would start with reviewing it on a Desktop. Laptops tend to
> be a little idiosyncratic/non-standard from brand to brand.
>
> Ironically, Windows was giving hell to a friend's Dell Insipiron
> (Pentium M class), to the point he went and bought a new one, giving
> me the old one. I, too, had the same problems as he with Windows on
> the Dell, and then proceeded to wipe out the OS from Redmond and
> install F7.
>
> No problems.
>
> Max Pyziur
> pyz at brama.com
Hi Max, was the Windows a WinXT or the new version? If WinXT I am
surprised. A kid from down the street now works at Redmond and the wife
called Mr. Woods who said "under no case try to load Vista on your own
computer". If you want Vista, which he does not support to friends, you
should buy a new computer with Vista installed.

    And if you got F7 loaded but not Vista that says something.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User