Network Install Not Working (trying again)

Kip Thomas kip.thomas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 20:08:00 UTC 2007

Hello gurus,

Something had changed since FC6 and F7; I am no longer able to do a
networkinstall using a couple of 3COM cards.
I was able to in prior releases using the same set of hardware.  I have a
ThinkPad T21.  I used a couple of 3COM
cards (3C589D, 3CXE589ET).  These are very standard cards included in the
boot..iso images.

When installing F7 and F8 Test 1, I'm presented with a screen to insert
drivers.  The boot log said the PCMCIA card
is detected.  I also recall loading the driver separately and got some sort
of socket memory error.

Any discussion appreciated.  Thanks