is bluetooth file transfer supposed to be horribly slow?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Sep 14 06:41:59 UTC 2007

> a one-size fits all data transfer.  Worse, this results in
> incompatibility.  So, you have cordless Bluetooth headsets that only
> work with certain Bluetooth devices, defeating the whole purpose of the
> standard.

That's going to get even worse, there are new incompatible Ultra Wide
Band (UWB) wireless implementations of USB *and* Bluetooth in the works
-- and Zigbee and a gazillion other mutually incompatible 2.4GHz protocols.

FWIW if you own a mobile phone then Bluetooth is worth having... I am
told.  The headsets could be good if you want a microwave source stuck
on your skull.  Otherwise steer clear.

-Andy