Issues w/ sieveshell

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Sep 14 11:30:58 UTC 2007

Philip Prindeville schrieb:
> I hacked /usr/bin/sieveshell to read:

> # main code
>
> print "connecting to $acapserver\n";
>
> my $obj = sieve_get_handle($acapserver,
>                           "prompt", "prompt", "prompt", "prompt");
>
> if (!defined $obj) {
>    die "unable to connect to server: " . sieve_get_global_error();
> }

> now I'm seeing:
>
> % sieveshell localhost
> connecting to localhost
> unable to connect to server: sasl mech list empty at /tmp/sieveshell
> line 169.
> %
>
> seems to me that I had it working in the past.

You really didn't change anything with your configuration (imapd.conf /
cyrus.conf)? What have you set sasl_pwcheck_method and sasl_mech_list
set to?

> Is there a way to install the .bc's manually, or copy files around?

$ su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/sievec"

This way you can hand compile an existing sieve filter script into
bytecode. To make it active you additionally will have to symlink
defaultbc to it.
> -Philip

Alexander