Revisted Eth1 problem

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Sun Sep 16 07:42:14 UTC 2007

El Domingo, 16 de Septiembre de 2007 04:25, david walcroft escribió:
> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> > david walcroft writes:
> >> What do I need to do to get Eth1 back on line,at the moment 'service
> >> network restart' returns
> >> 'Failed'
> >
> > See http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific
>
> I use DHCP I think,what info do you need,I don't know much about Linux
> networking.

Can you paste here your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 ?

On the other hand, you might want to take a look at the
logs, /var/log/messages by default and see if the problem is the DHCP server
which is not given your interface the correct IP or whatever...

All the best.
Manuel

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.