Setting up a file server for a diskless X-Terminal

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 16 23:19:54 UTC 2007

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:05:11 -0400
Derek Tattersall <tatters at newsguy.com> wrote:

> I was looking for a way to install Fedora on the File server.

What are you calling the fileserver?

> I have a large desktop running F7

> I also have a
>> few bits and pieces of 32 bit hardware lying around, that I could make
>> into a diskless X-terminal.

You have a large desktop with F7 on it, and bits and pieces that you want to
make into a terminal.

As you already have Fedora on your desktop, what else would you want to install
Fedora onto?  The terminal?  You don't need to -- ltsp terminals use the
operating system that's on the fileserver, i.e. your "large desktop" (if I
understand what you're trying to say correctly).