amarok problem with ram files

Mohammed El-Afifi mohammed_elafifi at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 09:35:13 UTC 2007

I'm using fedora 7, 64-bit edition. I've installed several packages lately to add mpeg(and possibly other formats) playback support for xine(and associated applications). I'm now able to play several file formats, including .ra files and also .rm files(after installing the rpm package mplayer-codecs). However when I try to play .ram files in amarok, I get the following error message from amarok:
These media could not be loaded into the playlist:
I also tried to play the same file using noauton but it didn't play the file either. However, when I tried it on kaffeine, it played it smoothly. What am I missing in amarok and noauton, but exists in kaffeine?
Appreciating your feedback. Thanks for your support.