Can't print from Firefox -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Sep 17 13:19:10 UTC 2007

I have a problem printing from Firefox.  The problem has been erratic
for the last ten days or so but usually just going to CUPS and
stopping/starting the printer corrects the problem until the next boot.
Now it absolutely refuses to print from the browser.

It will do a CUPS test page and it will print from the command line however.

For whatever reason the file to be printed shows the printer stopped
after restarting the printer?

ID  	Name  	User  	Size  	Pages  	State  	Control
HP <http://box6:631/printers/HP>-322  	tmpcVXzFI  	root  	1403k
Unknown  	stopped  	Reprint Job
<http://box6:631/jobs/?op=restart-job&job_id=322&job_printer_uri=/printers/HP>
Cancel Job
<http://box6:631/jobs/?op=cancel-job&job_id=322&job_printer_uri=/printers/HP>
Move Job <http://box6:631/jobs/?op=move-job&job_id=322>

  	Sort Descending <http://box6:631/jobs/?FIRST=0&ORDER=dec>

The printer is on my wireless LAN and the setup has not changed except
that I went through the setup procedure once more just to try and
correct anything that might have been corrupted which seems unlikely
since the basic printer system has always worked with only the browser
having a problem.  I see nothing in /var/log/messages relative to
printing.  Not sure that's the right place to look /

    HP <http://box6:631/printers/HP> (Default Printer)

<http://box6:631/printers/HP> 	*Description:* HP6840
*Location:* Asylum
*Make and Model:* HP DeskJet 6800 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
*Printer State:* idle, accepting jobs, published.
*Device URI:* hp:/net/Deskjet_6800?ip=192.168.1.3

Any help will be appreciated.

Bob Goodwin