Can't print from Firefox -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Sep 18 09:52:14 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 09:54 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Inexplicably the printer has begun to work again after about fifteen
>> hours of refusing to print a crossword puzzle?
>>

> It probably took it that long to work out the answer to five across,
> three down...  ;-)  But being serious, I haven't noticed any problems
> with printing through firefox.  Perhaps you need to provide some
> specific samples of files or pages that you had problems with.

It seems to be a problem peculiar to this computer in printing "Flash"
files collected by Firefox.  I have another new install of F7 which
after configuring it to print with CUPS and installing Flash via the
Firefox prompts printed the same files happily and I got my crossword
fix for the day!

I am running near the maximum Wildblue "bandwidth" allowance [17 gigs]
for the last 30 days and can't afford to update the new install quite
yet.  It will be interesting to see if it reacts the same way when updated.

I don't know what other information to offer at this point in time.

Bob Goodwin