Broadcom5754 driver on Dell 390

Randy Easley REasley at Teleflora.com
Tue Sep 18 19:08:05 UTC 2007

I really need some help with a problem I'm having with a Dell 390
Broadcom Nextreme 5754 ethernet driver in FC 5
I "upgraded" to the 390 and tried to use the same hard drive and add the
driver support, but I cannot get this to work?

I have the driver from Dell but it requires dkms support with I didn't
install.

Has anyone successfully done this?
The rpmbuild -bb command blows up on me due to
/lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp/build directory no being available,
its linked and I don't want to delete the link for fear something else
may break.

Any help s much appreciated.

Thanks
Randy