FC7 problem udevd: udev_event_run: fork of child failed: cannot allocate memory spewing over and over again on the console.

Bruce Keats brucekeats at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:34:41 UTC 2007

I am using the 2.6.22.5-76 kernel.  When I try and use the
2.6.22.1-41kernel, I get the same result even though the
2.6.22.1-41 kernel has worked on those machines in the past.

I am using udev-113.12.  I get the same result if I roll back to udev-113.11
.

Booting into single user mode also fails.  It gets stuck in the same spot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bruce