MD5

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Thu Sep 20 09:08:34 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:02:52AM +0200, LEONARDO (ROOKIE) wrote:
> THERE IS SOME DIFFERENCE  WHEN WE USE TO CHECK  THE INTEGRITY WITH MD5 OR SHA1UM, I ALWAYS DO  WITH MD5, AND THE CHARACTER CHAIN IS DIFFERENT FROM SHA1UM :-o

Don't use all upper-case text, it's like shouting.

Yes, there is a lot of difference between the two. The algorithm is MD5
or SHA1 depending on the command/file name.

Use sha1sum -c SHA1SUM to test the integrity of the files.

>  I've downloaded from utorrent, the iso image.
>
> There  are probabilities , that the iso image is corrupted

If the torrent download correctly, it's probably ok. Torrent already
uses SHA1.

--
lfr
0/0