Samba/Swat Help

edwarner99 at yahoo.com edwarner99 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 23:13:31 UTC 2007

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:25:31 -0700
From: Ed Kasky
Subject: Re: Samba/Swat Help
To: For users of Fedora

At 06:08 AM Thursday, 9/20/2007, you wrote -=>
>1. Check to see if you have /etc/xinetd.d/swat - it should look like:
>
># default: off
># to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
># connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
>service swat
>{
>port = 901
>socket_type = stream
>wait = no
># only_from = 127.0.0.1
>user = root
>server = /usr/sbin/swat
>log_on_failure += USERID
>disable = no
>}
>
>2. Did you restart extended internet services? Check netstat to see
>if the service is running:
>
>$netstat -a | grep swat
>tcp 0 0 *:swat *:* LISTEN
>
>3. Point your browser to the proper port - in this case 901 - and
>login as root.
>
>Swat is installed, but netstat  does not show anything. Should this
>not show up as part of the config services?

How do you know it's installed?  Do you have the xinet.d/swat
file?  Do you have the swat executable installed in the right
location specified in the xinet.d/swat file? ie: server = /usr/sbin/swat

Did you restart xinetd?  If you did, then check the logs to see if
it's starting or not.

Ed

Yes, xinet.d/swat is there and the executable is installed in the right place as specified in the xinet.d/swat file.

I restarted xinetd and the logs do not show anything wrong.