Copying/moving files from a Samba share

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Sep 21 01:20:44 UTC 2007

Joe Tseng wrote:
> I just recently discovered that I'm unable to copy or move files from my
> Samba server to my WinXP box, but I am able to do everything else (read,
> create, edit and delete files, copy between directories on the Samba
> share, and copy/move from WinXP to the share).  I wouldn't know where to
> start looking on how to fix this - has anyone seen this before?

So, if I understand correctly, the only thing that doesn't work is when the
destination is the XP system.  My first thought is that it indicates an
issue on the destination side.  So, I suppose I would check the log on the
XP system first.  Are you doing the transfers as a "normal" user or
Administrator?

--
pediddel:
	A car with only one working headlight.