OT: Force Thunderbird NEVER to use HTML?

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Fri Sep 21 09:36:30 UTC 2007

Mike M.:
> Is there a way to tell Thunderbird that I NEVER want to send
> HTML mail? I've looked into trying to set domains to force
> non-HTML, but it doesn't look easy. I haven't noticed that
> wildcards are accepted, and I don't want to find all the
> domains I may send to.

You have an old version (it's up to version 2.0.x). But, see if you have
this feature:
Edit > Account Settings > (pop account) > Composition & Addressing
There's a checkbox there: "Compose in HTML". I think that should do it;
mine is not checked, and I never send in html (even tho I reply to html
emails).