How best get rid of SELinux?

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Fri Sep 21 15:50:41 UTC 2007

Around 04:35pm on Friday, September 21, 2007 (UK time), Beartooth scrawled:

> 	Here's an interesting discovery. On a machine where I haven't
> touched selinux since installing F7, I get this :
>
> [root at localhost btth]# cat /etc/selinux/config
> # This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
> # SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
> #       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
> #       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
> #       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
> SELINUX=permissive
> # SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
> #       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
> #       strict - Full SELinux protection.
> SELINUXTYPE=targeted
>
> # SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
> SETLOCALDEFS=0
> [root at localhost btth]#
>
> 	Note that it says "targeted"  -- typically, without giving me any
> faintest hint at what. The same file on the machine I disabled selinux

In the comment immediately before the SELINUXTYPE=targeted, it states:
"targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected".  More than a
faint hint I would say, and in the most convenient possible of places.

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 16:47:42 up 7 days,  2:48,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.15, 0.14