How best get rid of SELinux?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Sep 21 18:35:02 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 12:54 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Well put. It is a solution to a non-problem. It creates more
>>> admin worries than it solves.
>>>
>>> To put it another way: Where is the vast audience of Linux
>>> users who have been clamoring for improvements to security
>>> like those provided by SELinux?
>>>
>>> There is an audience of Linux users who are requesting that
>>> it be removed.
>>>

>> +1
>>
> ----
> this is one of the reasons it won't ever happen...
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/06/15/red-hat-linux-gets-top-government-security-rating_1.html
>
> feel free to keep posting your uninformed opinions though and I note
> that this is clearly one circle where your opinions don't count.

    Well I have as much right to my fully developed position on this
list as you have your "gut feeling". I say it is not at all likely that
a virus will be written for Linux. What do you say to that? You think it
is possible so it needs to be fixed.

    We have a half wit President in Bush and I can't get him out of
office. I don't loose sleep or write 50 messages. I know what I can not
change.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User