Request Regarding the "Remove SELinux" Thread

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Sep 21 19:08:36 UTC 2007

I, as a committee of one, have gotten tired of deleting the "Remove
SELinux" thread, which has, is, and will continue to go nowhere with great
noise and dust but no visible value. I recognize the joy that some people
get debating things with religious fervor, but the rest of us tend to get
tired of such.

The _only_ way I am aware of to remove SELinux entirely is to migrate to a
whole 'nother distribution. Period. Full stop.

Thus, the original poster's options would appear to be (and Linux _is_
about having options/choice):

Reconfigure and recompile the entire source tree for Fedora, respin the
results, and install. Under the GPL,  I believe this is your right (less
the pretty pictures/icons from Fedora, but the originals should still be
available.) Respin, and reinstall. You get to keep the RH style of doing
things, at a significant cost of personal work. Your choice.

Alternatively, Ubuntu, SuSe, Gentoo, and a whole raft of others are
available. I rather like Ubuntu for myself on my laptop, but that is just
me. Again, your choice.

This joint is getting too much like a fraternity drunk party between the
Young Republicans and the Democrates.