Internet traffic and Azureus -

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Sep 23 17:38:00 UTC 2007

> It may be simply over use of streaming video, not related to bittorrent
> at all, I don't know, but we need to 'fix' the problem and we've got his
> attention now.  There is no alternative to the limited satellite service
> available in this rural area at the present time.  If Charter decides to
> extend the cable half a mile up our road that might be a solution.  When
> last I spoke to them they wanted $6000 for the install!

If you've got a Linux box in the middle you can do traffic shaping which
may solve the problem - you can just keep turning the bandwidth of
offenders down until they get the message or the month ends.

The fact its mostly incoming is positive I suspect - a sudden huge amount
of outgoing with windows boxes often indicates infection.