Getting GPilot and J-Pilot to Play Nice In Fedora 7

Jeffrey D. Yuille jyuille5 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 03:43:37 UTC 2007

Hello,

     Has anyone been able to get GPilot and J-Pilot to work correctly
and consistently in Fedora 7?  I have an IBM ThinkPad T-30 and I use a
USB cable to sync with a Palm Treo 680.  This device syncs correctly in
Windows XP (which I also have installed as well) but it does not install
at all in Fedora 7.  I have trolled around the internet to find
something that would show how to get my Palm to work correctly in
Fedora, but have not been able to find something that works
satisfactorily.  In fact, I can't even get Fedora to see my device  at
all.  You would think that after 3 months after Fedora 7's release, this
problem should have been straightened out.  Is anyone working on this or
do I chalk this problem up to a bad distribution?  I was syncing
perfectly with both Evolution and J-pilot in FC6.  Any suggestions?