Internet traffic and Azureus -

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Sep 24 15:35:07 UTC 2007

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I can ask the router to block sites based on keywords.  I have told it
> to block "bittorrent."
>
> Then asking Google to search "bittorrent" results in a message:
>
>    "Web Site Blocked by NETGEAR Firewall"
>

> However I don't know how one logs onto bittorrent?  Assuming they have
> to address it by name that would impede them.
>
> Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia

I think you are working backwards.

Close all ports and then open only the ones you need.  Web and email and
then go from there.  As you find issues, then you open the necessary
ports.  Example, ftp.

Then if something doesn't work, they will have to come to you and find
the issue.

On my router, I can open and close ports based on time so I could open
certain ports after suzie and johnny are in bed.

--
Robin Laing