Wireless Access Point

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Sep 24 18:05:52 UTC 2007

    Is it possible, using 1 device, to have two separate networks to
connect to?  We're trying to setup a network where a client can come in,
connect to an open network and see a network drive to copy files into.
However, that network will only allow them to do that, nothing else -
they can't get onto the internet, they can't get onto the rest of the
network or anything else.

    At the same time, we want out employees to be able to connect, and
by providing a password they CAN get to everything and have outside
access to the internet.

    Is this possible with just a single wireless access point, or do I
need to setup two different ones?  Using a Linksys WAP54G device.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6