Internet traffic and Azureus -

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Sep 24 21:09:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Frank Cox wrote:

> The ISP that I use (Sask Tel) is a true unlimited DSL service.  As long as I
> pay the monthly bill, nobody cares how much or how little I use.  I think it's
> around $65 or $70 per month for my service - I have the "enhanced" service that

This is only because of user offsets, if you pay them 70, you might cost
them 300, but it is thanks to the people who pay them 70 however only
cost them 20 that you are able to get away with it.

True unlimited or not, no ISP is in business to lose money, if all those
other users who cost them only 20, start costing them 70, thats becomes
a break-even or no-profit, add users like you and its a clear loss, you
will find one of two things happening, prices skyrocket or your hit with
data caps to stop the abuse so they can make a profit.

--

Cheers
Res