dial-up networking

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Mon Sep 24 21:15:37 UTC 2007

Asif:
> I am so desperate now that I am really thinking about taking my whole
> machine to one of my friends in the same area and see if it does
> connect from there. After that, I'll try a wireless phone service to
> bypass the land-line exchange altogether.

Before you go that route, but after you've tried those other suggestions
(and proved that the line and exchange are good), try this:

Do you still have FC 6 (yes, six) lying about? If you hsve some empty HD
real estate, install a minimal system, and see what happens.

Also, a distro keeps a log of updates - correct? (I'm still learning
linux.) Well, if you can pin-point (down to the month or so) the onset
of this problem, check what was updated then.