Is GTK compiled with Xinerama support?

Harald Grossauer harald.grossauer at uibk.ac.at
Wed Sep 26 15:54:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I noticed that a program in which a wxProgressDialog (from the wxGTK
toolkit) just counts to 100 and nothing else happens takes several
seconds on my PC. When I switch from my usual Xinerama setup to just one
screen it takes less than a second (as one would expect).

I have seen that the configure script of GTK allows an option
--enable-xinerama, and so I suspect that the fedora GTK package is
compiled without Xinerama support, which slows down the toolkit on
Xinerama setups.

Could that be true?