YUM problems.

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:21:19 UTC 2007

On 9/26/07, Magnus Andersen <mag.andersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having issue with yum on several machines in different locations.
> One of them (the most pressing one) is a brand new build and when
> attempting to use yum I receive the following error:
>
> [root at u15271166 etc]# yum list available
> Setting up repositories
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-6&arch=x86_64
> error was
> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>
> My yum.conf looks like this...
>
> [root at u15271166 log]# cat /etc/yum.conf
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> pkgpolicy=newest
> distroverpkg=redhat-release
> tolerant=1
> exactarch=1
> retries=20
> obsoletes=1
> gpgcheck=1
>
> # PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
> # in /etc/yum.repos.d
>
> [base]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=http://update.onlinehome-server.info/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
>
> [updates-released]
> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
> baseurl=http://update.onlinehome-server.info/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
>
> Any help/ideas appreciated,
> --
> Magnus Andersen
> Systems Administrator / Oracle DBA
> Walker & Associates, Inc.

Have you tried reverting back to the default values in your .repo files? E.g.

>cat fedora-updates.repo
[updates]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora