Multiseat & DVD - permission denied (resolved)

Jason Long jlong at messiah.edu
Wed Sep 26 23:18:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 09:01 -0400, Jason Long wrote:
> I have a "Multi-Seat" system setup at home on Fedora 7. I use X's evdev
> input driver and the -sharevts -novtswitch options for X.
>
> I've found that after enabling Multi-Seat, I cannot play DVDs, on either
> terminal.

Just a follow-up. I seem to have got this working, but I'm not sure
exactly what it was that fixed it. I'll just post what I tried, in case
anyone else has the same problem in the future.

* upgraded ConsoleKit from 0.2.1 to 0.2.3 (from source).
* changed my invocation for Seat0 in /etc/gdm/custom.conf
  from
    command=/usr/bin/X0 -novtswitch -sharevts -layout Seat0
    command=/usr/bin/X0 -layout Seat0
* rebooted with the DVD already in the drive

Jason