How best (BUT WHY) get rid of SELinux?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:13:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 06:15 -0700, Paul Shaffer wrote:
> I am absolutely certain those unwilling to change and adapt will
> receive the many years of due frustration they so fervently beg for.
>
> More to the point, in answer to your question, I'm over it - long ago.
> So I guess the answer is:  Not applicable.
>
> Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Paul Shaffer wrote:
>         > The whole premise of this thead is just absolutely
>         ridiculous. A naive user has an issue of some sort,
>         immediately throws the baby out with the bath and then every
>         other uninformed Linux using imbecile on this list joins in
>         the stupidity.
>         >
>         > Does anybody here really believe the NSA spent how many
>         years (?) and untold millions of dollars developing the
>         technology for no good reason? Amazing, just amazing. Shocked?
>         Maybe. Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No.
>
>         More relevant questions might be:
>
>         1) Does everyone need NSA-level security and the accompanying
>         issues?
>
>         2) How many more years and millions will it take to adapt the
>         decades-worth of tradtional unix tools and applications that
>         Linux users
>         take for granted to a wildly different security model?
>
>         3) How much of #2 do you want to do yourself?

Here's an example of "glittering generalities". Paul, you seem to
disregard to list's own format of bottom posting when replying, rather
than top posting. Yet, you wrote of: "those unwilling to change and
adapt will receive the many years of due frustration they so fervently
beg for." with the emphasis on your "certainty".

hrmmmm.... do I disregard such an argument out of hand, as having no
substance, when the poster seems unwilling to follow conventions printed
in the list rules of conduct, while blaming some for the same sort of
lack of respect for others? Can't have it both ways. Not always, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar