F7 sound not detected for Realtek 268 (it was ....after USB disk swapping)

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 11:04:14 UTC 2007

2007/9/27, antonio montagnani <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
> 2007/9/25, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:
> > antonio montagnani wrote:

> > > no .spec file available. Waiting for latest updated in testing
> > >
> > My memory isn't what it used to be. Try utils/buildrpm in the alsa
> > source.
> >
> > Mikkel
> > --
> >
> >   Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> > for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
> >

> > --
> >

> I installed latest driver from alsa according Yunus instructions,
> updated kernel with latest from Fedora,
> model= acer
> model = toshiba
> don't  work.
>
> Any idea???
>
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

latest modprobe.conf is:

#remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
options snd cards_limit=8
options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=toshiba
install snd-hda-intel /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-hda-intel &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
#remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
alias snd-card-7 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=7
#options snd-intel8x0 index=0
alias eth1 tg3