CDRom has gone bye-bye

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 22:08:00 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:
> Ruh Roh - Seems my CDRom is AWOL w/kernel  2.6.22.5-76
> Anyone?!

Have you been able to determine that the kernel is the problem vs the
CDROM?  Have you booted with a previous kernel, or booted with a live
CD that uses a different kernel where the CDROM does work?

Not that I can solve your problem.  But if the issue is with the
kernel for certain (ascertained through the suggestion above), then
the next step I'd suggest is post the specs on your CDROM and see if
others who have the same model running the same kernel are having the
same problems or  not.

Jacques B.