inet6_rth functions

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 29 00:47:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 23:14 +0100, Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to port a tool from solaris 10 to Fedora 7. While running gcc
> I get some strange errors. Example app:
>
> include <netinet/in.h>
>
> int main() {
>         const int segments = 100;
>         inet6_rth_space(IPV6_RTHDR_TYPE_0, segments);
>
>         return 0;
> }
>
> While running gcc the following output is created:
>
> > $ gcc -Wall -o test test.c
> > test.c: In function ‘main’:
> > test.c:5: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘inet6_rth_space’
>
> Under solaris it compiles just fine. Does someone know whats wrong?
>
> cheers,
> Stefan

Hi, Stefan,
	For some reason, the definition of inet6_rth_space is not being found.
My initial guess would be that the headerfile you have called for is not
existent, or is called by another name in Fedora.

	Try checking man for the function name to see what header is required.
Or worst case you may find that this function doesn't exist in the
standard development libraries and you have to yum some different
library and header to get it.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Les H