PC bios confused in which harddrive to boot fedora OS: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media!

Excalibur Xcalibur excalibur.xcalibur at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 19:58:40 UTC 2007

Hi All,
          This is a rather unusual situation. I have a server running fedora
linux OS with a 650 Gb Seagate Barracuda Harddrive. Now I wanted to mirror
the server with an identical harddrive. When I plugged my new harddrive in,
I got the message:

"Reboot and select proper *boot* device or *insert boot media"

*It seems that because it's an identical harddrive (with not OS though), the
PC doesn't *see* which one is the correct boot harddrive. Weird! If a plug a
different harddisk than the one with the  linux OS, they system boots up.
Any clues on how to fix this problem? *

*
--
Peter "Excalibur"