Cant't find curses.h

mcforum at bellsouth.net mcforum at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 1 01:52:33 UTC 2007

The section on building ones own kernel seems to no longer be in the install documentation or otherwise in the wiki and my memory is missing details.  Google dredged up a copy of the older document.  I've installed all the pieces I could find but none of the usual ways of modifying .config will work.  Make menuconfig is missing curses.h.  Other parts are missing from make xconfig.  yum whatprovides has nothing to do.  I really want to build the kernel module to read my hpfs partitions.  I suppose I could ignore the warnings and just edit .config.  Is there a new method that I haven't found the  button box for or What?

TNWestTex