DD not working--SUCCESS!

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sun Sep 2 14:27:53 UTC 2007

On Sun September 2 2007, Steve Searle wrote:
> As (presumably) one of the ten pimples,

most perceptive of you

> I think there are more than ten
> of us who believe that Karl is perverting the purpose of the list, and
> that it is right we try and change this behaviour, by pointing this out.

you are an intemperate few - I have noted no great rush to pile on to your
defense - I have noticed your incessant attempts to annoint yourselves as
spokesmen for the 'silent' masses

> Just because he is stubborn does not mean we have to accept this
> behaviour, which if it was copied by others on the list would lead to a
> total breakdown to the usefulness of the list.
>
> Karl's streams of consciousness should be published on a blog, not the
> mailing list.
>
> If Karl wants to develop documentation he should publish it on a web
> page or wiki, and invite people from here to comment on / correct it.
> That way a *correct* final version can be developed, without incorrect
> intermediate versions being recorded on the list archives forever, where
> they could easily mislead others.
>
> Where Karl has raised a problem on the list he should stick to the same
> thread during its resolution.  Raising multiple threads on the same
> subject just leads to confusion for everyone.

note - I have not attempted to defend Karl in most of these discussions - it's
never been the issue for me

> Lastly, and specifically aimed at you Claude, calling others on the list
> "a pimple on your own collective arse" ruins any argument you may be
> making that we are being rude, nasty or hurtful to Karl and that it is
> wrong for us to do so.  Luckily (it seems so far) the remainder of this
> list don't resort to childish invective - presumably they are more
> intelligent and/or mature than you.

ruins my argument in your intemperate brains - it was not you I hoped to
convince - you, in particular, have used some rather nasty formulations and
lame attempts at sophomoric humor repeatedly in your attacks, so, you are the
on the receiving end now - you chose to respond to me, I assume you don't
like it, good!

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA