reset power saver modes?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Sep 2 23:36:32 UTC 2007

I get the impression that sometimes mplayer disables
the power saver mode that would turn off the screen
after 10 minutes (or whatever the default is), then
forgets to re-enable it on exit (perhaps when it
crashes, which happens occasionally).

What commands could I run (other than "reboot") to
setup the power saver modes again when I notice the
monitor hasn't shut itself off for half a day?

Is the "xset" command the only one I'd need, or
are there 47 different helpful subsystems involved
each one of which needs to be individually reset? :-).