How to modify xorg.conf from command line in rescue console (F7)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 4 03:55:08 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> You might want to a "system-config-display --reconfig" now, to start
>> configuring X from afresh.  The updates *may* have resolved your
>> previous graphics problem.

Bo Berglund:
> But since Fedora won't start up how can I even do anything like what
> you suggest?

You'd start up in a text-only mode, which I thought I recalled you
saying would work, then you'd run it.  It'd probe the graphics system,
and try to generate good settings, anew.

> And if it starts up in a usable mode then I don't need it...

I thought you still hadn't resolved it?

With a prior release, or so, Fedora wouldn't start up graphically for a
lot of people with a certain chipset, but was fine for others.  The
first X update to come along fixed that.  I was wondering whether you
might be so lucky, too.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386