yum-updatesd daemon does it work?[SOLVED]

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Tue Sep 4 04:35:20 UTC 2007

It's not notifications I have problems with.  I've never managed to
get yum-updatesd to do anything at all, either on Fedora Core 6 or
Fedora 7, on nearly a dozen different machines.  It starts up happily
and logs no problems, but it never downloads or installs any packages.

Running yum manually, or out of cron, works just fine, so there's no
problem with my yum config.

I just had another go at leaving yum-updatesd running, and not only
did it not do anything but now it's locked up hard -- won't die when
kill -9ed.

Danny.